Berks Ag Event Calendar
Find your next event here, from credit courses to weekend family fun! This calendar is a community effort to benefit farmers and non-farmers alike! Browse events by photo tiles, list, or calendar view. Search by titles, topics, audience or other criteria. Click the event title for more details on each event.
- This event has passed.
June 27 @ 9:00 am - 4:00 pm$25.00
Learn about best farming practices, the importance of the right farming equipment, and calibration.
When: June 27, 2023 | 9 a.m. – 4 p.m.
Where: Penn State Agronomy Research Farm, 1794 West Pine Grove Road, Gate D
Pennsylvania Furnace, Pennsylvania 16865
Registration deadline: June 25, 2023 | 11:59 p.m.
Get familiar with or refresh your knowledge of standard farm equipment – how it works, how it’s used, equipment calibration, and how it relates to conservation practices.
There will also be updates from Northeast Sustainable Ag Research and Education (SARE), an Ag 101 booth, and a farm safety booth and presentation during the provided lunch.
The rain date is scheduled for Thursday, June 29.
Certified Crop Advisor (CCA), Nutrient Management, and Pesticide Education Core credits are available. 5 CEC’s Certified Conservation Planner credits are available for attending all sessions. See agenda for more details.
Who is this for?
- Ag conservation professionals (government, non-profit, and for-profit based)
- Ag-related and commodity groups/organizations
- Ag businesses and cooperatives
- Anyone working in agriculture needing to learn the basics of farm equipment or calibration
What will you learn?
- Primary, secondary, and tertiary tillage
- Grain combines
- No-till planters and drills
- Hay mowers, rakes, tedders, and balers
- Manure and fertilizer spreaders
- Pesticide sprayers
- Equipment calibration
- Importance of specific equipment and how it relates to conservation and best management practices
If you have a change to an already submitted event or need to cancel and remove your event on our calendar, please contact DepartmentofAg@CountyofBerks.com