Berks Ag Event Calendar
Find your next event here, from credit courses to weekend family fun! This calendar is a community effort to benefit farmers and non-farmers alike! Browse events by photo tiles, list, or calendar view. Search by titles, topics, audience or other criteria. Click the event title for more details on each event.
- This event has passed.
Feed and Milk Quality: Is There a Connection? Virtual Workshop
July 11 @ 12:00 pm - 1:00 pmFree
About the Webinar
You are what you eat is a saying suggesting our health can be influenced by our diet. Does this apply to cows generating milk? Feed and Milk Quality: Is There a Connection? will explore the connection between diet and the production of quality milk. Issues related to milk product stability, composition and contaminants will be discussed as to potential causes and preventive options.
A free informative webinar discussing dairy cows’ feed diet and how it relates to milk production and quality.
July 11, 2023
(Noon- 1 p.m.)
Who is this for?
- Dairy producers
- Dairy processors and field personnel
- Farmstead and artisan dairy processors
What will you learn?
- The connection between feed and milk quality attributes
- Feed hygiene and routes through which pathogens and spoilage organisms are introduced into dairy feeds
- The effects of feed quality on finished dairy products
- This event is being offered at no charge to participants.
Registration is required to receive the link to access the webinar.
Registrants will also receive access to the webinar recording.
July 11, 2023, 1 p.m. EST
If you have a change to an already submitted event or need to cancel and remove your event on our calendar, please contact DepartmentofAg@CountyofBerks.com