Berks Ag Event Calendar
Find your next event here, from credit courses to weekend family fun! This calendar is a community effort to benefit farmers and non-farmers alike! Browse events by photo tiles, list, or calendar view. Search by titles, topics, audience or other criteria. Click the event title for more details on each event.
- This event has passed.
Home Food Preservation: Water Bath Canning (via Zoom)
June 1, 2023 @ 11:00 am - 12:00 pm$5.00
Join us for Home Food Preservation: Water Bath Canning to learn the basics of a water bath and atmospheric steam canning. In recent years, there has been increasing interest in home food preservation. Canning is one method of food preservation that allows you to enjoy seasonal foods all year long.
Thu., Jun. 1, 2023
(11:00 AM – 12:00 p.m. ET)
Format: Live Online via Zoom
While this method of home food preservation has existed for centuries, we have learned much about the science behind safe canning methods in recent years. We will provide research to dispel food preservation myths and unsafe practices and discuss practical tips to ensure a positive experience when water bath canning foods.
Who is this for?
- This event is for anyone interested in learning the basics of food preservation.
What will you learn?
- Basics of water bath and atmospheric steam canning
- Canning recommendations, based on the latest USDA guidelines, on acidifying tomatoes, use of salt and sugar
- Principles of water bath canning high-acid foods such as tomatoes, pickles, salsa, fruits, jams, and jellies
- TheHome Food Preservationseries will provide you with the scientific background, preparation tips, and safe processing methods to preserve food at home.
Registration is required to receive the link to access the webinar.
Registrants will also receive access to the webinar recording.
Registration Deadline: May 30, 202311:59 p.m.
If you have a change to an already submitted event or need to cancel and remove your event on our calendar, please contact DepartmentofAg@CountyofBerks.com