Berks Ag Event Calendar
Find your next event here, from credit courses to weekend family fun! This calendar is a community effort to benefit farmers and non-farmers alike! Browse events by photo tiles, list, or calendar view. Search by titles, topics, audience or other criteria. Click the event title for more details on each event.
- This event has passed.
Let’s Cook Vegetarian
October 10 @ 5:00 pm - 7:00 pm$30.00
ABOUT THE WORKSHOP
Vegetarian meals provide an opportunity to explore new flavors and recipes that highlight plant-based foods. Learn how to eat a balanced, plant-based diet with tips to make traditional entrees the vegetarian way.
Learn the basics of cooking vegetarian during this hands-on cooking class. You will learn shopping and storage tips, cooking techniques and more.
October 10, 2023
5 p.m. – 7 p.m.
Berks Penn State Extension
1238 County Welfare Rd.
Leesport, PA 19533
Our instructors help you with hands-on recipe preparation, walking you through every step. You will be able to taste-test what you cook during the class. What are you waiting for? Let’s Cook with Extension!
Who is this for?
- Anyone who wants to create crave-able plant-based meals
- Anyone who wishes to improve their diet and health
- Anyone interested in the health benefits of plant-based eating
What will you learn?
- How to prepare a tasty and healthy vegetarian meal
- How to plan a balanced plant-based diet to avoid falling into the common traps of trendy, highly processed vegetarian foods that are low in nutrients
- Simple cooking techniques and recipe modifications for vegetarian recipes
Space is limited! Preregistration is required!
Register By: October 8, 202311:59 p.m.
If you have a change to an already submitted event or need to cancel and remove your event on our calendar, please contact DepartmentofAg@CountyofBerks.com