Berks Ag Event Calendar
Find your next event here, from credit courses to weekend family fun! This calendar is a community effort to benefit farmers and non-farmers alike! Browse events by photo tiles, list, or calendar view. Search by titles, topics, audience or other criteria. Click the event title for more details on each event.
Paw Paw: The Best Fruit You May Never Have Tasted
September 30 @ 10:00 am - 11:30 am
ABOUT THE WORKSHOP
Judy Bono, a paw paw grower and enthusiast, will share her knowledge of the history and cultivation of the largest North American fruit. The Bonos manage an orchard of 48 trees and 20 varieties of paw paw. They have been organizing the local Paw Paw Festival for almost two decades.
Participate in this informative workshop to learn all about the paw paw fruit!
September 30, 2023
10 a.m.11:30 a.m.
Farm and Home Center
1383 Arcadia Rd. Training Rm.
Lancaster, PA 17601
Who is this for?
- Backyard fruit growers and foragers
- Beginner and advanced gardeners
- Individuals interested in sustainable food production
What will you learn?
- How to choose a variety of paw paw
- What to expect from paw paw fruit (flavor, texture) and how to know it is ripe
- How to eat, select, plant and successfully grow paw paws
Space is limited – preregistration is required!
Register By: September 29 11:59 p.m.
If you have a change to an already submitted event or need to cancel and remove your event on our calendar, please contact DepartmentofAg@CountyofBerks.com