Berks Ag Event Calendar
Find your next event here, from credit courses to weekend family fun! This calendar is a community effort to benefit farmers and non-farmers alike! Browse events by photo tiles, list, or calendar view. Search by titles, topics, audience or other criteria. Click the event title for more details on each event.
- This event has passed.
Penn State’s Ag Progress Days
August 8 @ 9:00 am - 5:00 pm
Hosting an in-person event, where all can come together to connect
Penn State’s Ag Progress Days, held annually during three days in August, is Pennsylvania’s largest outdoor agricultural exposition. With over 400 exhibitors from the United States and Canada, there is something for everyone to enjoy at no cost as parking and admission are free. The show is hosted by Penn State’s College of Agricultural Sciences and showcases educational programs, current research, and the latest innovations in agricultural equipment and technology.
Ag Progress Days features may include:
- 80+ acres for Crops and Machinery Demonstrations
- 55 acres for Indoor and Outdoor Exhibits
- 40+ Educational Presentations to Ask the Experts and On-Demand Video Resources
- 30 Active Demonstrations around the grounds on topics such as Healthy Lifestyle, Cooking, Ag Safety & Health, Farm & Business, Animals & Livestock, Equine,
- Agronomic Crops & Soils, and Forest & Wildlife
- 20 Equipment Demonstrations for Equipment and Field Machinery
- 20 Meetings for Agricultural Associations and Governmental Agencies
- 15 Youth and 4H activities such as Sunflower Maze, Pollinators, Rabbits, Wildlife, Plants, Insects, and Family Fun
- 5 Tours to highlight current research activities at the Research Center and Virtual Tours
- 7 Local Non-Profit Food Vendors
- 2 Locations for Antiques in the Pasto Agricultural Museum and the Tractor Display
- 2 Special Events may be held: Penn State Ag Alumni Ice Cream Social and College of Ag, Dean’s Town Hall Session
2023 Event Information
Tuesday, August 8 | 9 a.m. – 5 p.m.
Wednesday, August 9 | 9 a.m. – 7 p.m.
Thursday, August 10 | 9 a.m. – 4 p.m.
Russell E. Larson Agricultural Research Center
2710 W. Pine Grove Road
Pennsylvania Furnace, PA 16865
If you have a change to an already submitted event or need to cancel and remove your event on our calendar, please contact DepartmentofAg@CountyofBerks.com