Berks Ag Event Calendar
Find your next event here, from credit courses to weekend family fun! This calendar is a community effort to benefit farmers and non-farmers alike! Browse events by photo tiles, list, or calendar view. Search by titles, topics, audience or other criteria. Click the event title for more details on each event.
- This event has passed.
VIRTUAL LIVE WEBINAR: Smart Urban Forestry to Meet Pennsylvania’s Climate Challenges
October 31 @ 12:00 pm - 1:00 pm$10
ABOUT THE WEBINAR
Researchers expect temperatures and moisture levels in Pennsylvania to rise across all seasons over the next century. Dynamic environmental stresses, including severe weather and temperature extremes, will require more careful thought on selecting resilient and adaptable tree and shrub species likely to respond well across the state. Join us as our own Julianne Schieffer discusses how urban forest managers can use climate models to prepare resilient and thriving urban and community landscapes.
Join us for a one-hour informative webinar discussing the impact of environmental stresses, weather, and temperature on urban landscapes. Don’t miss this opportunity to learn from leading professionals in the field and gain a deeper understanding of the challenges facing our cities today.
Oct. 31, 2023
(Noon – 1 p.m.)
Who is this for?
- Municipal managers, foresters, and arborists
- Others interested in urban and community forestry
What will you learn?
- Consider that temperature and moisture changes will vary across every region and locale, from low-lying areas to higher elevations
- Incorporating tree and shrub systems into hard landscapes can yield the best human affordable human comfort
- Tree landscapes can help build community resilience by reducing health risks
A fee may be associated with the below credits. See the Fees tab for details.
- Society of American Foresters CFE credits (pending approval)
- International Society of Arboriculture credits
- Certificate of Attendance for Professionals and Others to Self-Report
- Peer Volunteer/Master Gardener Update Training
Registration is required to receive the link to access the webinar.
Registrants will also receive access to the webinar recording.
Oct. 31, 2023, noon
If you have a change to an already submitted event or need to cancel and remove your event on our calendar, please contact DepartmentofAg@CountyofBerks.com