Berks Ag Event Calendar
Find your next event here, from credit courses to weekend family fun! This calendar is a community effort to benefit farmers and non-farmers alike! Browse events by photo tiles, list, or calendar view. Search by titles, topics, audience or other criteria. Click the event title for more details on each event.
A Do-it-yourself Guide: Converting Your Lawn to a Meadow, Webinar
March 28 @ 6:30 pm - 8:30 pm$5.00
This webinar series will guide you through converting a small lawn area into a meadow! Each webinar will cover part of the process, from determining if a meadow is right for you to troubleshooting your newly planted meadow and more!
Tuesdays, March 28 – April 11, 2023, from 6:30 p.m. – 8:30 p.m.
March 24, 2023 by 11:59 p.m.
Are you tired of your lawn and looking for something new? A Do-it-yourself Guide: Converting Your Lawn to a Meadow will guide you through converting a small lawn area into a meadow. Each session will cover a portion of the process, from deciding if a meadow is suitable for you to troubleshooting your newly planted meadow and all of the steps in between.
Speaker Ryan Davis of the Alliance for the Chesapeake Bay will present the new DIY Meadow Conversion guide produced by the Pennsylvania Lawn Conversion Program at the Pennsylvania Department of Conservation and Natural Resources.
Registration is required to receive the link to access the webinar. Registrants will also receive access to the webinar recording.
Who is this for?
- Homeowners with a small lawn
- Curious about their alternatives
- Land managers looking for support for small meadow projects
- Anyone interested in small meadows
- What will you learn?
- Why you might convert your lawn into a meadow
- How to determine if a meadow is suitable for your site
- How to prepare for a meadow planting project
- How to plant a meadow in a former turf grass location
- How to maintain and troubleshoot a newly planted meadow
If you have a change to an already submitted event or need to cancel and remove your event on our calendar, please contact DepartmentofAg@CountyofBerks.com