Berks Ag Event Calendar
Find your next event here, from credit courses to weekend family fun! This calendar is a community effort to benefit farmers and non-farmers alike! Browse events by photo tiles, list, or calendar view. Search by titles, topics, audience or other criteria. Click the event title for more details on each event.
- This event has passed.
Fencepost Fundamentals: Winter Cover Crop Species
September 20, 2023 @ 9:00 am - 10:00 am$5.00
About the webinar
This webinar series will explore agriculture and farming practices commonly used in Pennsylvania and throughout the Northeast, focusing on winter cover crops. Topics include species biology, choosing the best species, establishment and termination methods, and the impact of cover crops on soil fertility.
Not just cereal rye—learn about winter-hardy cover crop species that farmers successfully use in Pennsylvania during this webinar.
Sept. 20, 2023 | 9 a.m.-10 a.m.
Who is this for?
- Ag Conservation Professionals
- New or beginning Crop Consultants
- New or beginning Ag Professionals
What will you learn?
- Commonly grown winter cover crop species in Pennsylvania
- Seeding rate, dates, and depths for winter cover crop species
- Benefits and drawbacks to each species
- Registration is required to receive the link to access the webinar.
Registrants will also receive access to the webinar recording.
Sept. 20, 2023, 10 a.m.
If you have a change to an already submitted event or need to cancel and remove your event on our calendar, please contact DepartmentofAg@CountyofBerks.com